Mr. Jérôme Pasquier, Ambassador of France to Nigeria and ECOWAS, former Ambassador of France to Korea and Croatia, has arrived in Abuja on September 4, 2018. A career diplomat, Mr. Pasquier previously held numerous positions within the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs:
- 2015-2018: Inspector of foreign affairs;
- 2012-2015: Ambassador in Seoul (South Korea);
- 2009-2012: Ambassador in Zagreb (Croatia);
- 2004-2009: Deputy director General for International Cooperation and Development;
- 2003-2004: Director General for scientific, academic and research;
- 2002-2003: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Special Adviser to the Secretary General;
- 1998-2002: Consul General of France in Hong Kong;
- 1981-1998: Services in Beirut, Brasilia, Seoul and London.
Mr. Pasquier is a graduate of the Institut d’études politiques of Strasbourg and of the Ecole Nationale d’Administration.